Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Because you asked…

Trifecta asked about me.

Okay, not really about me, but about anyone who visits the site. I fall into that category. I plunge into that category. I am a member of that set.

What is your name (real or otherwise)?
Tamyka Bell, but if you creep me out at a party I'll tell you I'm Angela. If you met me at uni games in the early 2000s, I probably told you I was Natalya Svetlana Nesdescovszki.

Describe your writing style in three words.
quirky, blunt, eclectic

How long have you been writing online?
I first started posting my poetry online in 1999 or 2000. I began a blog a few years later, though I've occasionally downloaded it, deleted it and started it over again.

Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in?
It's April 2012 and I'm working my way through the Poetry Month Poem-A-Day Challenge at Writer's Digest. I've also responded to a few prompts on The Write Practice and I aspire to join NaNoWriMo this year… if life doesn't interfere with my commitment.

Describe one way in which you could improve your writing.
I tend to focus on the visual aspects of my descriptions and I'd like to pay more attention to my other senses.

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?
To write and read as much as I can, and never ignore the muse.

Who is your favorite author?
That's too hard! I choose me! Here's a small list instead: Stephen King, Jane Austen, Haruki Murakami, Paulo Coelho, Ian Irvine, Isobelle Carmody, Dan Millman, Lian Hearn. All for different reasons, I suppose.

How do you make time to write?
It's a process of structured procrastination. I've gotten behind on my uni work, so I'm putting extra effort into the Poem-A-Day Challenge, writing competition submissions, and blogging. When I've caught back up on my work, I'll go back to writing for an hour or so each morning.

Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember--it must have a third definition.
Force. (I also liked thunder and stumble.)

Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn't miss reading.
http://blindrapture.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/myth.html 


Post a Comment